Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The finished "Oh Bear Bundle" nursery

As I came up with the idea of creating the baby room bundle product my husband and I found out the exciting news that we were expecting Baby #2!  I knew right away that the new nursery would be based on one of my kits.

The minute we found out it was another son I chose the "Oh Bear Bundle" for his room since I'm in love with that look.

We already had the dresser and the ottoman for the room, but everything else was going to be a blank slate.  I went with the crib from the middle priced board and a similar style rocking chair.  I ended up not getting a recliner since I didn't think I would personally use it that often.

Here is my initial design that I created as my concept before making any purchases:



After that I went to one of my favorite websites for furniture and accessories for my home, www.wayfair.com (they've got just what you need!) and purchased the crib and rocking chair.  They arrived quickly and in great shape.  My only complaint about the rocking chair is it needs a heavier base because if you get out quickly it bounces back on you.

I decided to make all of the artwork for the room to save money and also because I just enjoy making projects like that.  I have the tutorial for the woodland creatures as my last blog if you want the details on how to make your own set.  The sign above the dresser was just a wood blank I bought at Michael's and I stenciled the words onto with black paint.  I made the stencil with my Silhouette cameo and contact paper and lots and lots of mod podge to seal the edges first.  Finally the bunting is something I'm going to sell in my shop so you can purchase one from me for a great price, sorry no tutorial on that!  I need some secrets to keep to myself. :)

I also made the pillow for the chair and that's a tutorial on my blog as well.  I will be adding similar pillows to my online shop too so if you don't sew but want the look I'll have them for you for an affordable price.

The ottoman is something I had found on clearance at Target when my first son was born but we didn't end up using it since his rocking chair came with one.  The only change I made to that was to paint the honey colored wood legs with my charcoal chalk paint I already had laying around the house.

The curtains were a Homegoods find that I bought originally for my first son's room and then realized that I needed another set since his new room has 2 windows (darn pregnancy brain!).  It worked out fine in the end because they looked great with this room.  The curtain rod is from overstock.com which is another favorite online home shopping website of mine.

Both light fixtures were Target purchases from the room essentials collection.  Great budget friendly items!

Finally the wall stencil is from Stencilit on Etsy.  This was my first attempt at stenciling and it turned out to be pretty easy and I absolutely LOVE the results.  If you want to know my paint colors you'll have to buy the kit.  I make sure to include at least 5 or 6 options so you can decide what you like best for your home and lighting conditions.

Here is the final look:







Here are some close up shots of the handmade crib sheets that I sell with the Oh Bear bundle.  They are made of 100% premium cotton and are sized to fit that crib mattress nice and snug.  

I personally believe keeping the crib bedding as simple as possible is what is safest.  Once he starts being able to roll around I'll add a mesh breathable bumper to the crib to keep those tiny arms and legs safe from the rails.



I have the links to everything in my Oh Bear bundle board on pinterest so feel free to look there for the details on where to buy everything.  Please make sure to follow me too since I'm always adding more ideas.

-Carrie



No comments:

Post a Comment