Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Woodland animal artwork tutorial for Oh Bear Bundle kit

I just wanted to share with you how I created some adorable artwork for my son's nursery that I designed based on my Oh Bear bundle kit.

The best part is it only cost me about $50 total to make 8 pieces.  Yes, that math adds up to $6.25 per item for a 9"x 12" finished product.

I found this great free printable design on pinterest:
Artwork link

Next I bought these wood slice boards from save-on-crafts.com:
wood slice link

It's cheaper to buy 4 of the 24" long boards than 8 of the 12" length.  If you have a decent saw I would recommend doing that too and yourself some $$.  I just asked my husband to cut them for me when he had his saw out for another project so it took him 10 minutes to do, without complaining I might add!

Since I have my silhouette cameo machine I brought the artwork into that program and resized them to fit the boards and then used the print and cut feature to cut them out for me.  If you don't have a cameo or similar machine you can easily just print them on your printer and hand cut the shapes out too.  If you have a silhouette and don't know how to use print and cut I highly recommend going to school at Silhouette School.  She covers the topic in great detail if you need any help.

I found the easiest way to attach the paper cut outs to the wood slices was my handy dandy spray glue.  I wanted a really strong hold so I sprayed a spot on the wood and also the back of the paper and let it dry for about 10 seconds before attaching it.

Finally all that was left was to add some saw tooth hangers on the back that I picked up at my local hobby store and attach them to the back of the wood slices.

There you have it!  Adorable artwork for a feature wall for the low, low price of $50.00 total.



PS.  That great design on the wall is a stencil I bought from Stencilit on Etsy.  Here's the link:
Stencil Link

I have all of these links in my Oh Bear bundle board along with lots of other ideas on how to design a beautiful nursery on a budget. Follow me on pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment